Thursday, May 19, 2011

Farewell, VCU!

It has been an insane month of traveling back and forth from Richmond to Naples. I finished my last semester of teaching at Virginia Commonwealth University. I chose to resign after four years because I have been living in Naples, Florida, since September. I will still travel to perform with the RSO, but the added weeks of teaching are just too much. I have new chamber music projects and teaching here in Naples.

Rex Richardson hired me when I was 25, and I basically had no experience teaching. I've grown so much learning how to be a good teacher. Teaching has enriched my life, and I have become a better musician and person from this. I will miss the studio dearly. I hope to come back next year for a recital and masterclass.

VCU trumpet studio, 2010-11


Trumpet faculty recital from 2008
Taylor Barnett, Brian Strawley, Rex Richardson, Mary Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment